When leaders need results quickly, and their team - however ingenious - needs something extra to spark innovation, we sometimes get involved by running a workshop we call TrendTriggers.
In the latest workshop, we were helping a firm well-established in the North American construction sector. In addition to using IdeaKeg, a unique approach to cultural touchstones, Gregg Fraley also provided CPS Training to a team of 20 engineers.
After the training, Gregg walked the client team through a full idea generation cycle. As is typical with TrendTriggers, outcomes included better questions, bigger and bolder ideas, and a filtered set concepts ready to present for investment decisions.
Running a cycle using TrendTriggers brings a host of benefits, including:
- better direct access to cultural trends
- people’s hearts and minds are engaged directly
- breakthrough thinking is much easier to achieve
- it’s a managed process, so the big-bang of the workshop doesn’t fizzle out
- it’s also measurable
- it builds your team’s innovation muscles, amplifying existing talent while ramping up your firm’s capacity to innovate
This time, it was no different. Better involvement, bolder thinking, measurable results and worthwhile learning experiences.