Diverse teams need different workshops and training formats. Getting the best from your team means getting the best out of the quieter team members as well as the usual suspects. Having the ability to run workshops by an Introvert for introverts and mixed personality-type teams is a real boon.
Imaginative Problem Solving for Introverts
Fed up of being told that being creative means “putting on a show” or “getting out of your comfort zone” being defined as “get up and dance”?
When you’re just not sure how to move forward, when you want your work to stand out from the crowd, it’s time to engage your imagination as well as the rest of your talents.
How can teams face hurdles, overcoming new challenges when the only tools they can draw on are disorganised, over-analytical and habitual? Effective, relevant alternatives are essential.
A workshop for introverts, by an introvert helps you work better by growing your problem-solving capabilities. It is practical and immediately effective. We can run this workshop for you, or teach you how to run such workshops for yourself.
Here's an outline for a one-day course, for 6-15 participants led by one facilitator.
Typical workshop goals:
1) To ground participants in the fundamental principles of Creative Problem Solving (CPS)
2) To deliver practical experience working to apply CPS to a case study
3) To do all this using a style and techniques that get the best out of you, not your noisy neighbour.
- Effective research
- Reframing problems and opportunities
- Brainstorming from a challenge to a universe of possible solutions
- Convergence – How to narrow down to a course of action without falling back into old habits
- Idea enhancement – how to develop a concept and win buy-in
- Action planning
Team Ideation Session for Introverts, led by an Introvert
Here's how a challenge-focused team session can run.
Do energizers and “get loose” exercises make you cringe? Fed up of idea sessions based on random cheering and loud surprises?
Embed IdeaKeg and hold a different kind of team ideation session. KILN’s unique approach to cultural touchstones brings meaningful stimulus to the table for individual or pair work. The result, an enriching "out of the box" conversation that can run more quietly, with more time for thought. KILN's way of working allows tailoring, so
Sessions and workflow are tailored to get the best out of all team members, particularly those who don’t always speak up.
Working with the KILN method means:
- better direct access to cultural trends
- people’s hearts and minds are engaged directly
- breakthrough thinking is much easier to achieve
- for idea cycles, it’s a managed process, so the big-bang of the workshop doesn’t fizzle out
- it’s also measurable
- building your team’s innovation muscles, amplifying existing talent while ramping up your firm’s capacity to innovate