Indy recently delivered a workshop to help leaders and teams responsible for “research”, “insights” or “foresight” become more engaged in the Front-End-of-Innovation process.
It covered a range of topics including 1) foresight and insight: what are they, how do they differ 2) tools and techniques for processing information 3) where to look for sources, and 4) how to make information actionable in a corporate or complex organisational setting. We're sharing it with you, in case it touches on a need you're experiencing.
1) To ground participants in the fundamental principles of complex knowledge
2) To empower participants to play a more active and impactful part in their firm’s FEI processes
- Pre-work including reading
- Mini-lectures embedded in a seminar-style discussion combined with practical activities applying knowledge and skills
- May be suitable for remote learners, depending on the calibre of the client’s telepresence technology
Knowledge & skills gained:
- Tools and techniques including horizon scanning, scenarios, backcasting, issue mapping, complexity studies
- Communicating with differentiated “internal customers” across the corporate group
- Coping with, and creating value from, uncertainty