making innovation a way of life
Innovation is more than just a buzzword. For some firms, it’s a way of life.
KILN’s IdeaKeg enables teams to find problems worth solving, to do breakthrough thinking more quickly and more reliably, and to apply trend insights directly to innovation thinking.
IdeaKeg offers a way of learning deliberate creative problem solving by doing. It is fun and fruitful.
For settings hungry for greater capability and accountability, KILN provides a tailor-able FEI process including metrics, and team trainings.
We piloted KILN's System in one business unit. Within about a year, all nine units in the company were coming to us.
- FEI leader, Billion-dollar medical device manufacturer
Watch our videos about FuseTrail and the role IdeaKeg can play in the FEI>>
Innovation process mapping
Sometimes called "innovation strategy" we work with you on blueprints for how to build a core innovation capability or amplify the positive impact of your ancillary innovation teams.
We design Away-Days for exploring innovation themes, gaining skills and forging commitments. For example:
- Innovation awareness and team planning for 70 people in an enterprise information business
- Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Process & IdeaKeg training for 40+ people in an FMCG business's marketing department
- CPS training days for an award-winning ad agency, a leading retail banking/financial services firm & the marketing team of a Japanese division of a Fortune 100 company
- 2.5 day Innovation Facilitation Training sessions, available in-house or in our public workshop series
- CEO-level conferences on innovation themes for the alliance of a B2B global insights business
We run or support Virtual Ideations using Idea Management System platforms. We facilitate New Product Development (NPD) ideation sessions.
PARTNERSHIP EXAMPLE: TEACHING INNOVATION MENTORS
Alongside management guru Gary Hamel & Sarah Miller Caldicott (Edison's great-granddaughter), KILN is a content partner for the iVia Certified Innovation Mentor Program pioneered by Notre Dame University with Whirlpool Corporation and Beacon Health Systems.
In conjunction with our work on iVia, KILN's IdeaKeg has been used at Whirlpool Corporation's headquarters and Asian design hub in India. Gregg is now on the faculty of Pfeil Innovation Center. iVia program participants have extended their learning by joining Gregg Fraley's 2.5-day Innovation Facilitation Course and giving their colleagues Gregg's business novel Jack's Notebook.