FuseTrail is a self-guide framework for organising Front-End-Of-Innovation (FEI) work within a company setting. It's been written for teams of 5+ and can be adapted to firms of any size or complexity.
Using stimuli that represent change, FuseTrail blends semi-structured face-to-face team meetings with virtual ideation. Our step-by-step manual makes it easy for your own people to lead. If you already have an IMS (Idea Management System), so much the better.
Each cycle you’ll generate up to six future-tense short stories to formally share with senior management. Each stories demonstrates a different way your company could respond to real-world trends.
Why use it?
- Sparks disruptive innovation
- Leverages the power of incubation
- Amplifies diverse strengths of team members
- Clear, easy DIY process doesn’t require outside consultants
- Comprehensive guide includes step by step instructions
- Generates metrics your CFO will respect
- Opens innovation to a wider group in a controlled, manageable way
- Drives, 2, 4, up to 8 idea cycles each year
- Can feed into any existing stage gate process
Is FuseTrail evolution or revolution?
It’s a new innovation process that builds on the best of established approaches like:
• Creative Problem Solving (CPS)
• Solitary thinking and virtual ideation
• Improvisation and theatre games
FuseTrail is grounded in contemporary research about cognition, idea generation, innovation, organisational dynamics and commercial strategy. With all that pedigree, it’s hard not to see it as evolution.
What’s revolutionary about FuseTrail is the way in which it can unleash your people’s greater potential to innovate systematically and continuously.
Can I see it in action
Companies using FuseTrail do so autonomously - although KILN is available for training, coaching and mentoring. This means that the impact of FuseTrail happens behind closed doors.
We know FuseTrail works because companies renew their annual IdeaKeg subscriptions. Year 1 renewals stand at 100%.
The logic that underpins FuseTrail comes from Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving: a proven framework for stimulating team creativity that has been applied in industry and education for decades.
To help you imagine how FuseTrail can impact your company's creative productivity, we've written this future-tense story.